Thursday 10 September 2009

Something new

Hi everyone,
I have just finished the piece I was working on and I'm ready to post it as I promised. It's another house I made for the challenge Dans ma maison il y a... http://dansmamaisonilya.blogspot.com/. This week the theme was " a school boy/girl".
The idea for this project was born when I started to read Laurie Mika's book Mixed Media Mosaics (which I recommend  with all my heart, it's really AMAZING!!!). I was dying to try what I was learning and the chance came with this new challenge.
I must say I worked very hard to finish it on time and I had my moments of doubt( many!!! LOL) and even fear that I would not be able to succeed., or that it would not turn up the way I wanted. But I remembered what Van Gogh said, that if you hear a voice within you saying "you cannot paint" then, by all means paint and the voice will be silenced. I didn't give up and now I'm really happy with the result. And the voice was silenced indeed. thank God! LOL
So, here is my entry for this week's challenge!
And here in detail.


The house measures 6 1/2"x 9 3/4". I made the little tiles using polymer clay and then stamped, painted them with Stewart Gill acrylics, varnished and mounted them on a piece of wood. I have used also tissue paper, stamps, inks, rubons, metal charms, rhinestones and beads, collage paper, gel medium and UTEE. The frame Is made from a piece of grungeboard and then covered with UTEE.
I hope you'll like it! :)

Thanks for your visit and for your precious comments! They mean a lot to me!

Lots of love,
Sanda xx

18 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

Great, great work Sanda, it is simply beautiful.

Love the idea of tiles made with painted, stamped, polymer clay. The result is gorgeous.

Great result with the UTEE too, and the way you combine everything together makes me admirative.

xoxo

sharon said...

Goooorgeeeeous!!

Unknown said...

Wow quel travail pour une maison vraiment originale !!! un grand bravo et merci beaucoup de ta participation.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

woow fantastic house !!!!!!!

Limarea said...

Love your house, wonderful details :)

Gaby Bee said...

Love all the details on this! Beautiful colors, texture, perfect with the image! Awesome!

Esther said...

sandraaaaaaa!! beautiful mosaik!! i love it clap clap(aplauses)
hugsssssss!!

vintage wil said...

Really beautiful house!!

LivArtNow said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! love it!!!

Linda

Lynda said...

Wow, thank you so much for appreciating what I said on my blog :) You are definitely not alone! Here is the link to my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/luckybutterfly2 Have fun :)

Lynda said...

Oh and I love your new house! :)

Sascalia said...

Really beautiful Sanda, so much detail! x

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Sanda! I love that book too! Your entry for this weeks challenge is beautiful! You did an excellent job! Love all the little magical details! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Cindy said...

Hello Sanda,
You've done it again! You truly amaze me with your sheer talent. I cannot believe you were able to accomplish something like this so quickly. It is so detailed and incredible...I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm speechless! And the little guy in the frame is so sweet. Congrats on getting this finished in time for the challenge!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

ISA said...

A very beautiful house with polymer technic that i love a lot. Thank you too for your comments :-)

Flor Larios Art said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging words you left on my blog. I love your art too :)

Art by Darla Kay said...

Hi Sanda!
First off, GORGEOUS JEWELRY BOX!! I love it!
Secondly, I'm SO sorry about something. When I came here I couldn't figure out why I hadn't received this post in my blog updates. For some reason I don't get notice on all of them. Anyway, turns out I wasn't following your blog and I could have sworn I clicked to follow it a long, long time ago :( You must think I'm terrible as you're SO nice to visit and comment on mine and here I was, appearing to ignore yours. I truly wasn't!
I'm a follower now.......yes I am!
Have a great night,
Darla♥

Marie-Aimée said...

wow !! fantastic house