Wednesday 23 September 2009

Big jewellry box

Hi,
I've just finished this jewellry box and I am so pleased with the result! The tutorial for the box and the measurements I found them on Kirsten Aune's blog, http://min-hobbyblogg.blogspot.com/. She has some very interesting and beautiful things out there.
It's a 6" square box with 4 drawers. The top and bottom are cut from painting board and the little drawers are watercolor paper. I have used gesso, snow paste ( a kind of modeling paste) and cotton bandage for texture, inks, Stewart Gill acrylics, UTEE, metal charm, rhinestones, wire and heart glass bead. The stamped image is made out of polymer clay, painted and coated with clear UTEE. The wings are made from wire and cotton bandage, painted and embelished with Fresco flakes from Stewart Gill.
Hope you'll like it.


And some details here:


Now, I just need to make some jewellry for it, right? LOL

Thanks for your visit and beautiful comments,

Lots of love, Sanda xx

11 comments:

Esther said...

beautifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul!!! for earrings, or altered dominos!! your colors are stunting sandra!!! great box!!

sharon said...

OMG, you made this Sanda?!! I want to be like you!! Soooo fabulous! I adooore it!

Lynda said...

That's so pretty! I love your jewelry box :) Thanks for your kind words. I will follow your advice :) Have a good night

Flor Larios Art said...

Gorgeous! So dreamy...love the texture and the soft colors.
Yes, now you nee the jewelry...you can make them or buy some of mine..hehehe

Kirsten Aune said...

Hi Sanda!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment in my blog. I'm so glad you liked my tutorial! And your box is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors and details!
Sanda - you have so many amazing creations on your blog. You are very talented!
I hope you'll make more boxes too.:)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Kirsten

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Another Magical Creation Sanda! Your jewelry box is fabulous! Love the colors you chose and the texture is wonderful! Beautiful job!

Thanks so much for your visit! I really appreciate your sweet messages!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Cindy said...

I am so amazed at your beautiful jewelry box!! So many great details...this must have taken quite some time to create..and you must be so proud of this lovely piece!!! :-)
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.comk

Anonymous said...

Love your art box, such striking colours and textures.
Will you be making more of these?
Certainly a great idea for christmas presents.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

wow what a stunning box !!!!! Like a treasure !

Renee said...

Your work is beautiful Sanda just like your spirit.

Love Renee xoxo

Debbie said...

This is just amazing and pretty! I love the colors, texture...just everything. I'm glad I found your blog and will start to follow it. Thanks for sharing!